Year 7 Religion and World Views: Sikhism Summer Project
First of all, congratulations on getting to summer! Over the past few months, we have received some fantastic work from you guys. Many of you took Homelearning as an opportunity to be extra creative with your school work and to take your learning into your own hands! For that, we say a huge thank you and we look forward to carrying this on in your lessons when we return!
New Task: The Summer Project
Over the past few weeks, we have been looking at Sikhism through a study of the Gurus; who guided the religion as it was formed around 500 years ago. However, over this short topic, we were unable to look at all 10 Gurus!
Therefore, the CLF Religion and World Views Department invites you to research and create a poster for one of the Gurus we did not study this term. Your poster needs to include:
- A creative look! – colourful, pictures (drawn or printed), a neat product!
- Name of the Guru
- Important contributions this Guru has made to Sikhism
- A range of important and interesting facts about the Guru
What your poster could include:
- Where/when was he born? How long was he a Guru for?
- What makes this Guru stand out from the other Gurus?
- How did this Guru contribute to the Guru Granth Sahib?
- How did this Guru contribute to Sikh practices (what Sikhs do)?
- How did this Guru help the non-Sikh community?
- What were some of the most important events in this Guru’s life? What events show that this person was special?
- Anything else you think is interesting about your Guru.
Check out the table and links below to help you choose a Guru and start your research (remember not to pick any of the Gurus in RED). If you don’t fancy a poster, you can also choose to create; a powerpoint, an extended piece of writing or even a video/recording of yourself talking about your guru!
Useful Links to start your search:
Where should we submit our Sikh masterpieces?
You can email your work to your teachers OR present it to them when you come back to school in September.
Good luck and have a lovely summer!