Shakespeare – Modules 1 & 2 Test
WHAT: Today you are going to do a very quick self check quiz to see what you can remember about Shakespeare’s life and times.
By the end of this module you should be able to:
✔ State some basic facts about Shakespeare’s family life
✔ Describe the types of plays he wrote and their conventions
✔ Say something about the problems of Elizabethan life
Today you will need:
✎ A pen
☰ Some paper to write on
1) Get your pen and paper ready. Answer the questions below, using full sentences (for literacy practice)
2) After you have answered the questions, click on each one to reveal the answer. Tick the ones you have answered correctly.
Here’s a TOP TIP: When you answer the questions, there is no need to write down the question and the answer underneath. You should instead try to reword the question into a statement.
E.g. When Shakespeare was a little boy, he lived in…
✍ Writing your answers in full sentences will help your literacy!
1) What kind of school did Shakespeare go to?
2) Who did Shakespeare marry?
3) Name the theater Shakespeare helped to build.
4) What made it very hard for Shakespeare to continue working?
5) Name a genre of Shakespeare’s plays.
6) True or false: both boys and girls could be actors.
7) Which types of plays tend to contain spirits/evil forces?
8) Which types of plays tend to have lovers reunited at the end?
9) Which type of plays tend to make use of mistaken identities or disguises?
10) Who was on the throne during Shakespeare’s life?
Well done for completing module 1!