Shakespeare – Module 5: Module 4 and 5 tests – 6 of 6
WHAT: Today you are going to do a very quick self check quiz to see what you can remember about The Tempest and Twelfth Night.
By the end of this module you should be able to:
✔ Say what happens in the plays
✔ Describe some of the characters
Today you will need:
✎ A pen
☰ Some paper to write on
1) Get your pen and paper ready. Answer the questions below, using full sentences (for literacy practice)
2) After you have answered the questions, click on each one to reveal the answer. Tick the ones you have answered correctly.
Here’s a TOP TIP: When you answer the questions, there is no need to write down the question and the answer underneath. You should instead try to reword the question into a statement.
E.g. When Shakespeare was a little boy, he lived in…
✍ Writing your answers in full sentences will help your literacy!
1) Love is usually a main theme of Shakespearean comedies: true or false?
2) In The Tempest, who is Prospero?
3) In The Tempest, who is Prospero’s innocent daughter?
4) In The Tempest, who left Prospero and Miranda to drown in a boat?
5) In The Tempest, which character undergoes a positive change/has learnt something?
6) What is a comic foil?
7) In Twelfth Night, which characters could be said to be the comic foil(s)?
8) What normally happens at the end of a Shakespearean comedy?
9) In The Tempest, which character could be described as bitter, subservient and savage?
10) In Twelfth Night, which character is overly serious and unpopular?
11) Which character in Twelfth Night could be described as loyal?
12) Why is Malvolio a good character to easily trick in Twelfth Night?
Well done for completing modules 4 and 5!